Last edited: 22nd April 2021
Despite admirable ambitions by scientists to colonise Mars, we still have no Planet B that we know of, where life can survive. There is only Earth. Tasty Digital has huge appreciation for the value of this precious home that we all must share. We love nature and respect the delicate balance of life on our planet.
For this reason we are implementing this sustainability policy to set positive targets for our future, and to hold ourselves to account.
We already implement a number of sustainable activities, including:
- Testing all new websites we develop using Google Lighthouse, running optimisations for performance and accessibility where possible.
- Promoting cycling to work and supporting all staff who choose to cycle to work.
- Supporting charities and not-for-profit clients with 15% discount on services.
- Making efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle all our waste, including cleaning bottles and plastics and repurposing or donating old computer equipment.
- Adherence to all current environmental legislation.
We believe every business has a responsibility to help nature and society prosper, which is why we have set ourselves concrete ambitions to improve our current practises.
Goals for May 2023
- 50% of the server hosting we supply or commission will be powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Commit to supporting an environmental or social cause with annual contributions equivalent to 1% of profits.
- All websites we develop to be tested to achieve above 70% performance score in Google Lighthouse reports (or equivalent).
Goals for May 2025
- 100% of the server hosting we supply or commission will be powered by 100% renewable energy.
- All websites we develop are tested to achieve above 80% performance score in Google Lighthouse reports (or equivalent).
We welcome feedback on these goals and will be reviewing them often to see how we can further support important social and environmental causes.